Award-nominated actress Lunden De’Leon (We’re the Millers, Blackbear) is set to star in the Netflix film “Scam” filming this spring in North Carolina. Based around a Nigerian scam, De’Leon portrays the role of Kisha Brown, a woman whose life is turned upside down after making a bad decision. Coming off playing the role of Harriet Stanford in the Amazon hit drama “Super Turnt”, De’Leon has worked alongside some of the biggest names in Hollywood. Her list of credits include the blockbuster comedy “We’re the Millers,” Vital Signs,” “Sweet Home Carolina,” “Somebody’s Child” and the Netflix action drama “Blackbear”. “Soon as I read the script, I knew I wanted to be in this movie,” says De’Leon. “It’s a hit so don’t miss out.” “Scam” is scheduled for release in 2022.
I had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Award nominated actress Lunden De’Leon
- Tell us about your journey into acting.
Surprisingly enough, I stumbled into acting. I had no money and was sleeping on a friends’ couch. I was broke and homeless. My friend was a struggling actress/model and asked me to go with her to an audition. I had nothing to lose-so I went. I auditioned for the role and got the part. Her agent quickly signed me to a one year contract and I went on to book a number of television and film roles.
- How important is developing a personal style when it comes to acting?
- Character development is more important than a personal style. You have to study and stay true to your character in order to be successful in acting. Who is she/he? Where did they grow up? Their motivation? Their likes and dislikes and so on. Developing your character should be your number one goal.
- Are there things you want to do other than acting?
I have a stack of scripts on my desk I plan to produce and direct through my production company. I’ve directed a handful of short films but my goal is to release a full length feature in the near future.
- I absolutely love the movie We’re The Miller’s! How was it working with that cast?
- “We’re the Millers” was hilarious to watch and make! We filmed my part in a hospital in North Carolina at 2am. Working with an all-star cast was a blast. Everyone was extremely nice, approachable and made me feel as if I was on their level. What’s also great is that the film still airs every week on MTV, Comedy Central or in some other foreign country and audiences are still laughing as if it’s their first time seeing it.
- “Scam” is currently being filmed. Give our readers a little backstory on the movie as well as your character.
“Scam” is about a woman we can all relate to. She loves her family, friends and God. Her life is going well until she puts her trust in the wrong person and it turns her world upside down.
Finally, if you could have any role in the world, what would it be and why?
I would love to do any movie with Samuel L. Jackson or Viola Davis. I admire them both and pray that I get to work with them someday.
Connect with Lunden and support her business online via her website and on social media Instagram | Twitter