When is the last time you said something nice to yourself? When is the last time you celebrated yourself or latest accomplishment? When is that last time you complimented yourself? For many of us if we are honest, those moments are few and far between.
As a person that has a hard time receiving compliments, it is even more difficult for me to compliment myself. What I have discovered in this part of my journey is that it is necessary for me to embrace every part of myself and remember that I am worthy and deserving to see myself and speak well of myself as God sees me and speaks about me. I have had my bouts with imposter syndrome, questioned my value, and lacked self-confidence. I am grateful to be in a better place mentally, emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually. I am grateful to be reminded daily of my identity in Christ Jesus.
To help us all on this journey of self-discovery, self-confidence, and self-healing, here are five things we will use as affirmations and declarations going forward.
1. You are doing amazing– No matter what is going on, no matter how we feel, no matter what it may look like, we must always remember that as long as we are showing up and giving each day our best effort, we are simply amazing. Galatians 6:4-5 MSG reminds us, “Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself with others. Each of you must take the responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.” Our only focus should be on being faithful over what we have been given, trust God in His leading and guiding, do our very best, and rest in the confidence that you are doing great job and that God is pleased.
2. You are beautiful– Psalms 134:14 AMP says, “I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:” As far as God is concerned, this settles the matter. We are His most precious jewels, His beloved, His chosen. There is no debate how God feels about us. We were created in His image. He never sees us as anything less than that.
3. You are worthy– “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10 NIV. God has entrusted us with so many incredible gifts, ideas, and talents. We must rest in the confidence that God will perfect us and what He has put on the inside of each of us for a specific time, a specific purpose, and for a specific people. Trust God’s timing and process.
4. You are needed– We were created on purpose, for purpose, and with purpose. There are no accidents in spite of what we have been told. There is no luck in spite of what the world tries to convince us of. There is only the favor of God. He has need of each one of us. This is supported by Isaiah 43:7 NIV, “everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, who I formed and made.” Because we have the very nature of God on the inside of us, there is no way He would create anything that He did not need to fulfill His purpose here in the earth.
5. You are the apple of God’s eye– 1 Peter 2:9 NIV tells us, “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out darkness into His wonderful light.” Let this be a reminder to us that we are so valued, loved, and treasured by God. He took His time and created each one of us. He does not consult our past to determine our future. He uses our missteps and mistakes as ministry. He always has us in the center of His will and the palm of His hand. He will never let go of our hand, and He will do what is best for us. He loves us with a never ending, reckless love. He adores us.
I challenge each of to recite these declarations every day along with the scriptures attached. I challenge you to write five declarations of your own and attach scriptures to them. Get them deep in your spirit. Never let a person try to tell you that you are not loved, important. Everything in you has value and is critical to the Kingdom assignment on your life.
Keep showing up and keep doing your work… I’m rooting for you!