The saying “A cluttered space reflects a cluttered mind” has been proven by a 2009 study that existing in a cluttered environment will increase your cortisol levels that lead to anxiety and depression disorders.
Here are 5 ways you can declutter your office so that you are creating a productive and healthy space to thrive and maintain a healthy mental state.
- Go though old items that are not being used and discard them. For example that stack of post it notes that you have already transferred the information from. Or old mail that should be shredded.
- Remove unused items from your desk – seeing the availability of space can assist with the reorganization of your desk that you may need. The slight movement of a lamp can possibly make a huge difference in your mood.
- After you have gone through the items that are not being used or documents that need to be shredded. Remove everything from your desk or if needed your entire office space. Look at your storage options and how they are being used.
- Map out how you would like your office to flow – Do you have a window that allows you to have lots of natural light? Consider this as you point of reference when bringing your items back into your office.
- End your day with putting your items away and doing a light cleaning. This will help you when you go back the next day. You will feel as if you are starting with a clean slate for your day.
Note that not every step may apply to you but use which ones that will help you to feel more confident in work and have a stress free environment. Always remember to do what you feel is best for mental health.
Link to Amazon Store Front: https://amzn.to/45sI9HT